In the midst of COVID-19, Willamalane Park and Recreation District continues to preserve and deliver its mission statement: “To deliver exceptional parks and recreation to enrich the lives of everyone we serve.” While Willamalane facilities may be closed, exceptional parks and recreation experiences will not be suspended.
Willamalane Park Foundation will be working to support the District's efforts to provide free community access to programming, parks, and recreation.
A donation of any amount supports community programs Willamalane hosts including:
- Serving up to 90 seniors per day, through a drive-through meal service in partnership with Senior & Disability Services.
- Distributing 850 craft kits to local students, to keep them busy while school is out.
- Hosting a FOOD for Lane County mobile food pantry on Thursday evenings at Bob Keefer Center, with up to eight Willamalane staff working to support the program.
- Coordinating volunteers and donations help fill the local need for face masks and bouffant surgical scrub hats.
- Sharing free full-length fitness videos of popular classes and resources to bring Willamalane fitness classes and tips into the homes of our community.
- Creating park coloring sheets and other park resources to keep students and families busy and connected to nature and learning from a distance.
If you'd like to support these COVID-19 efforts, select "COVID-19" in the donation link below.
About the Foundation
The Willamalane Park Foundation is a nonprofit advocacy organization formed in 1983 that supports the activities and facilities of Willamalane Park and Recreation District. The Foundation is separate and works in partnership with the District. It is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.