School-age care update
Springfield Public Schools recently announced plans to return to in-person learning, with some students returning as early as February 4. With this transition, Willamalane remains committed to supporting current students and families with childcare options that work for them. As more information is available, we will share updates with our current families, staff, and on our childcare page.
The facilities are operating as follows:
- Bob Keefer Center fitness center, multi-purpose courts, and wood courts will close.
- Willamalane Park Swim Center will close.
- Splash! At Lively Park will close.
- Willamalane Adult Activity Center will close the woodshop, computer lab, and gift shop (virtual gift shop will remain open).
- Outdoor sports courts remain open.
- Parks and playgrounds remain open.
- School-age care
- Fitness at Home
- Drive-thru senior meals
- Meal delivery service
- Community Breakfast
- Book & Puzzle delivery service
- Foot care
- Some outdoor rentals will still take place, but many will be modified. Our rentals team will get in touch.
- In-person fitness and group exercise (Fitness at Home still available)
- All tennis programming
- All aquatics programming
- Two50 youth center
- In-person gift shop (Virtual still available)
- Senior social activities
- Kayak roll
- Dog and puppy obedience
- Urban homesteading
- Adult recreation classes
- Youth basketball skills
- My first sports
- Middle school athletic skills
- High school athletic skills
- Thurston Hills Natural Area biking trails are closed for the season. Hiking trails are open. See the closure map here.
- Camp Putt is closed for the season.
- Some park restrooms are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Indoor sports and basketball courts due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Here are few tips when going outdoors:
- If you're able to maintain a six-foot distance from others, enjoy the outdoor areas near your home.
- Enjoy solo physical activities or those with members of your immediate household such as walking, biking, and running.
- Wear a mask if you do go outdoors.
- Open doors and windows to get fresh air while remaining inside.
- Participate in contact sports.
- Visit crowded areas.
- Go outside if you're sick.
Updated 1/4 at 9 a.m.