With the recent break in weather and improving air quality, Willamalane will reopen parks, trails, and facilities. Please see the details and dates below for more information.
- Parks and trails: Open district-wide. Please beware of downed limbs and other hazards. While the parks can reopen, patrons need to be very careful. The parks team will work to clear closure signs and hazards through the weekend.
- Pools: Regular operating hours will resume beginning Saturday, Sept 19. Willamalane Park Swim Center will open for regular hours of operation on Saturday, Sept. 19. Splash! will reopen on Monday, Sept. 21 for regular hours of operation.
- Camp Putt: Open starting Saturday, Sept. 19 for regular hours of operation.
- Bob Keefer Center: Open on Monday for regularly scheduled programming. The lobby will also be open to the public during regular business hours for wifi, power, and a smoke respite shelter to anyone who needs it.
- Adult Activity Center: Open on Monday for regularly scheduled programming.
- Early Childhood and Youth Programming: With our facilities open, we will run preschool and school-age care programs starting on Monday.
- Group Exercise and Fitness: Tai Chi for Balance at BKC is in the Heron Room and Pilates for a Better Body is temporarily canceled. Dance Fitness III is cancelled 9/21. Please check our Group Exercise page for current schedules.
- Rentals: Rentals will resume starting Saturday, Sept. 19.
What is remaining closed for now:
- Some park restrooms due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Indoor sports and basketball courts due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Bob Keefer Center parking lot is still allowing RV parking. No RV dumping is allowed and we do not have power or water hook-ups available. There are limited spaces available and we ask that you not block flow of traffic, entrances, or exits.
- During regular facility hours, Bob Keefer Center will reopen to the public for wifi, power, and a smoke respite shelter to anyone who needs it.
- Try at-home fitness activities, activities for families at home, and virtual park activities.
- Senior Meals will resume Monday, Sept. 21.
- FIDO Pet Food Bank will be distributing pet food at Willamalane Adult Activity Center on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
More reopening and registration is on the way! We're tailoring our programs and plans to what our community needs the most to stay healthy, active, and supported. Please check for updates on social media and on our website. We can't wait to see you again soon!
A section of the former Booth Kelly haul road between Daisy Street and S. 57th Street will be closed temporarily for construction of a new subdivision beginning the week of June 29th. Please stay aware of new closure signs and use alternative routes as needed.
Here are few tips when going outdoors:
- If you're able to maintain a six-foot distance from others, enjoy the outdoor areas near your home.
- Enjoy solo physical activities or those with members of your immediate household such as walking, biking, and running.
- Wear a mask if you do go outdoors.
- Open doors and windows to get fresh air while remaining inside.
- Participate in contact sports.
- Visit crowded areas.
- Go outside if you're sick.
Updated 9/18, 1:30 p.m.