Oregon Health Authority's High Risk guidance allows for increased recreation, fitness, and pool activities. Check the links below for more information and sign-up details.
The facilities are operating as follows:
- Bob Keefer Center is open for limited in-person programming by reservation.
- Camp Putt opens on March 19.
- Willamalane Park Swim Center opens March 8 by reservation.
- Splash! at Lively Park remains closed.
- Willamalane Adult Activity Center remains closed. Check services available here.
- Outdoor sports courts are open.
- Parks and playgrounds are open.
School-age care update
Kids Club after-school programs return to Springfield Public Schools after spring break. Programs will be offered in three selected elementary schools: Thurston, Douglas Gardens, and Yolanda. These locations were collaboratively identified by Willamalane and Springfield Public Schools based on need, historical participation enrollment, and available space to host programs. The first day of programming will be March 29.
Willamalane is also offering on-site Wednesday care for school-age youth beginning after spring break. The first day of Wednesday care will be March 31. Plus, spring break camps and programs are also running this year.
Registration for all these programs begins March 3. More information is available at willamalane.org/youth.
- Thurston Hills Natural Area biking trails are closed for the season. Hiking trails are open. See the closure map here.
- Some park restrooms are closed due to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Indoor sports and basketball courts due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Here are few tips when going outdoors:
- If you're able to maintain a six-foot distance from others, enjoy the outdoor areas near your home.
- Enjoy solo physical activities or those with members of your immediate household such as walking, biking, and running.
- Wear a mask if you do go outdoors.
- Open doors and windows to get fresh air while remaining inside.
- Participate in contact sports.
- Visit crowded areas.
- Go outside if you're sick.