Willamalane’s Services for Springfield-area older adults focus on health and wellbeing. These offerings can help older adults to maintain their independence by removing individual and social barriers to healthy living in the community.
Jump ahead to:
- FIDO Pet Food Bank Distribution
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Drop In Checks
- Foot Care
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Senior Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
FIDO Pet Food Bank Distribution
This dog and cat food bank is available for individuals who qualify for services such as Social Security, Medicaid (Oregon Health Plan), and SNAP (Oregon Trail Card).
- Pick up food on the second Tuesday of every month, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. No FIDO in August.
- $3/dog or $2/cat
- To sign up, contact Penny at FIDO: EugeneInfo@FidoAnimeals.org.
Health and Wellness Services
Blood Pressure Checks
Ages 50+. Local retired nurses provide weekly checks and education.
- Thursdays, 9:30-11:30 a.m.
- No registration needed
Licensed nurses provide basic foot assessment and nail care. This service is unavailable for people with diabetes because of the special care it involves.
- Time slots are available by reservation
- $18 in-district, $22 out-of-district
- To sign up, call 541-736-4444
Legal and Financial Services
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
LIHEAP helps keep adults age 60 and older healthy through initiatives that assist with energy costs. LIHEAP applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Enrollment begins Oct. 15, 2022.
- Drop enrollment applications at the adult activity center lobby between Oct. 17-28.
- Contact Terre Olson at 541-736-4406 for more information.
- For households that do not include a person 60+, contact Catholic Community Services for assistance at 541-747-8349.
SHIBA's volunteer counselors are ready and waiting to help you! Get help comparing your current coverage with what's available in 2022. All of SHIBA's 2022 counseling sessions will be conducted either by phone or online.
- Call Brian Price at 541-285-7080 to schedule an appointment.