Fresh air and beautiful scenery can lift a mood like nothing else. The Obsidian Hiking Club is leading four special hikes that will introduce you to local gems. They're treading carefully in this group outing, taking safety precautions every step of the way.
Elijah Bristow State Park Trail: Sunday, Oct. 25, 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Register here
7 Reasons to Join a Willamalane Hiking Trip
To Heather at Oregon Outdoor Family, the best part of a Willamalane hiking trip is the camaraderie of the trail. "There’s a certain magic that happens when random people come together for a common purpose," she said. "Shared experiences bring us together and give us a temporary bond that enriches the experience." Read the full review »
Willamalane Hiking Trip Participant Requirements
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Bring all your own supplies, including a face covering that covers your mouth and nose, hand sanitizer, food, and water. Do not share food with other members who are not in your household. Willamalane Staff will carry a first aid kit.
- Practice physical distancing measures by remaining at least six feet apart from those not of your household at all times. When it is not possible to maintain a 6-foot distance, use a face covering.
- Offer a wide berth when passing, and if approaching from behind, say a friendly “hello, passing on your left.”
- Cover your cough with a tissue, then throw away (put in baggie or pocket) or cough in your elbow.
- Leave no trace: pack out everything you bring with you.
- All participants are to manage their own transportation. Willamalane will not be coordinating carpooling. Drivers are not obligated nor should they feel pressured to take riders.
Behind the Scenes at Splash!: Ages 18+. Get a sneak peek of the operations at Splash! This tour will showcase updates, filtration, sanitation, and safety procedures of the facility and lifeguards. Bring a mask.
Thursday, Oct. 29, 10 a.m.–12 p.m.
Splash! at Lively Park
$29 ID/$35 OD