Park maintenance or safety concerns? Call 541-736-4104.
Please help Willamalane keep parks safe, clean, and green by following all the park rules.
Park hours are generally dawn to dusk unless otherwise specified or permitted by the superintendent.
- Smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes, marijuana, or any other smoking device.
- Hunting, loaded or unloaded firearms*, weapons, and fireworks.
- Maintaining open flames or campfires, except in designated fire pits or barbeques.
- Possessing alcoholic beverages, except by permit.
- Using sound-amplifying devices, except by permit.
- Parking vehicles outside of designated spaces.
- Riding or walking horses and livestock, except in designated areas.
- Removing, displacing, or defacing any vegetable, mineral, or other naturally occurring physical substance.
* Does not apply to currently registered Concealed Handgun License holders; see Ordinance 100 for specifics
Animals and Wildlife
- Do not feed or harass wildlife.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash, except in designated areas.
- Horses must be kept in designated areas.
Drones and Remote-Controlled Aircraft
Operation of remote-controlled vehicles and unmanned aerial vehicles (i.e., drones) is prohibited within the following parks and natural areas unless approved by the superintendent.
- Dorris Ranch
- Clearwater Park
- Georgia Pacific Natural Area
- Harvest Landing
- Whilamut Natural Area
- Thurston Hills Natural Area
- Middle Fork Path
- Weyerhaeuser McKenzie Natural Area
- Mill Race Path
- West D Street Greenway
- Within 100 feet of playgrounds
Metal detecting is allowed in many district parks with a permit issued by Willamalane Park and Recreation District Park Services. Permits are free and valid for one year from the date of issue. Permits may be obtained by completing the PDF form here and emailing it to the Planning, Parks, and Facilities Division Administrative Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- Extraction and removal of objects located with a metal detecting device should be conducted only with a hand implement, e.g., a hand trowel.
- Holes are limited to a depth of six (6) inches and a diameter of six (6) inches.
- Holes should be filled and surfaces returned to their original condition as much as possible.
- Any trash or debris generated by activities will be removed from Willamalane property or placed in a trash receptacle.
- Metal detectors may not be used on any prehistoric or historic archaeological site or at any human burial location.
- Metal detecting activities are not permitted in natural areas managed by Willamalane, including Dorris Ranch, Thurston Hills Natural Area, Georgia Pacific Natural Area, Harvest Landing, Weyerhaeuser McKenzie Natural Area, and Eastgate Woodlands-Whilamut Natural Area.