Willamalane’s newly-redesigned program teaches kids about the basics of water safety and swimming, all while maintaining an appropriate distance. See the important notes below about the different programs and precautions we are taking.
Pre-School Age Swim Lessons
Ages 3-4. Help your little swimmer gain confidence in the water. We’ll practice submersion skills, blowing bubbles, assisted floats, kicking, and basic water safety skills. At this stage, we require a parent or caregiver to be in the water with the swimmer.
School Age Swim Lessons
Ages 5-12. Students will gain confidence and comfort in the water as they progress through levels designed to give them a complete, well-rounded swim and water safety education.
- Level 1: Submersion, blowing bubbles, assisted floats, kicking. Parent/caregiver is required to be in the water. Register here.
- Level 2: Self-saving drills, floats. Parent/caregiver is required to be in the water. Register here.
- Level 3: Independent forward movement, rolling in the water. Parent/caregiver is required to be in the water. Register here.
- Level 4: Armstrokes, elementary backstrokes, changing direction. Parent/caregiver is required to be in the water. Register here.
- Level 5: Bi-lateral breathing, backstroke skills, kicking endurance. Parent/caregiver is required to be in the water. Register here.
- Level 6: Freestyle and backstroke technique. Must be comfortable in deeper water. Parent/caregiver is invited, but not required, to be in the water. Register here.
- Level 7: Butterfly and breaststroke. Must be comfortable in deeper water. Parent/caregiver is invited, but not required, to be in the water. Register here.
Private and Semi-private Swim Lessons
Semi-private lessons are only available for those in the same households. If the student is within the skill level of pre-school or school-age levels 1-5, or if they are unable to support themselves in the pool, a parent or caregiver will be required.
- Register for private lessons by calling us at 541-736-4080.
For all pool-related frequently asked questions, please visit willamalane.org/pools.
Class space will be limited on a first-come, first-served basis. Classes will be spread out to accommodate pool space and proper distancing. Our availability for classes will be limited.
Where will the instructor be?
Instructors will be teaching from the deck or in the water at least 6-feet away from adults and students.
When should I arrive?
Please line up outside no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your class time. If you arrive earlier, please wait in your vehicle. You will be admitted into the building approximately 10 minutes before the start of your class.
Who qualifies as a parent/caregiver?
Anyone in the swimmer’s household age 15 or older can act as a swimmer’s caregiver. However, the caregiver must be one consistent individual throughout the course of the swim session.
Can other family and friends attend swim lessons as spectators?
No. We will not permit spectators for swim lessons at this time to maintain capacity limits.