Willamalane is where work meets play! We prioritize FUN, safety and sustainability.
Vigilantly monitors the safety of swimmers and guests as trained and assigned; initiates safety and guest-service responses as trained; interprets and implements swim center policies and safety guidelines; performs light custodial work; does related guest-services and operations work as required.
How to Apply
Willamalane Park and Recreation District recruits candidates for employment in a variety of positions. Vacancies are posted on Willamalane’s website and advertised in various media. All postings contain information regarding job duties and qualifications, salary range, benefits, closing date and materials required to apply.
Applications are only accepted for current job openings. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you apply. All positions require an online application. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Click the “Apply” link on a posting to begin your application. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
Following the deadline, applications are screened for qualifications matching the job description. Those chosen to continue in the recruitment process are notified by telephone to set up required testing and/or interviews. Those not chosen will be notified via email. This process can take approximately two weeks; however, the time frame may vary depending upon the number of applicants or department needs and priorities.
If you have specific questions concerning our recruitment process, please call 541-736-4038, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willamalane Park and Recreation District is an equal opportunity employer and is in compliance with the Immigration and Naturalization Reform Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Willamalane does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, race, color, political affiliation, or mental or physical disabilities. Willamalane accepts applications for open positions only. Resumes are accepted only when attached to a completed online Willamalane application.
Willamalane complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any applicant with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act may request accommodation by contacting 541-736-4031.
If you are a veteran, please review and complete the Verified Veterans form and submit it along with your DD214 or DD215.
Family and Medical Leave Act
Willamalane complies with the Family and Medical Leave Act. Download Family and Medical Leave Act information.
- In accordance with the 1986 Immigration and Reform Act, proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required upon employment.
- Some positions have minimum age requirements based on occupational hazards.
- All applicants offered a position at the district must sign a criminal background check consent form.
- Safety sensitive positions require applicants to submit to and pass a urine test for drugs. Failure of a drug test will disqualify an applicant for employment. Unless otherwise provided by law, an applicant who has failed a preemployment drug test will be ineligible to submit another application for employment with the district for a period of six months.
- Salary and Benefits
Under normal circumstances, an employee will be appointed at the first step of the salary range as it appears on the job announcement. However, placement on the wage scale will be determined on an individual basis depending upon previous training and experience, not to exceed 20 percent above the minimum.
- Use of the district pools for lap swim or play swim programs at no cost (in some cases, this includes members of immediate households).
- Bob Keefer Center membership at no cost (in some cases, this includes members of immediate households).
- Active Willamalane staff pay 75 percent of the district-discount rate for eligible programs (when there is no waiting list) and may receive a 50 percent discount on tuition of certain child care programs.
- May be eligible for board-approved annual cost-of-living increase; merit increases.
- Employees in certain job categories are eligible for additional benefits. If eligible, additional benefits are indicated on the job announcement postings.