Willamalane is hiring for part-time and full-time jobs in Springfield, Oregon. Our workplace strives to create an environment for staff and patrons that is inclusive and equitable, and values respect, engagement, collaboration, and safety.
We have a variety of open positions, some including full benefits, part-time positions, flexible schedules, discounts for childcare programs, and more.
Applicants who pass a Spanish language competency test may be eligible for an extra $1/hour.
Sound like a great fit? Here are some in-demand positions across the district!
Careers with kids. Create a fun environment for preschoolers, kids, and teens in full-day preschool programs, after-school activities, camps, and more as a Program Leader or Activity Leader for Youth Programs.
Jobs at the pool. Willamalane is always hiring part-time swim instructors and lifeguards! Help people stay safe in the pool as they exercise and play, teach important lifelong swimming and water safety skills, and enjoy flexible schedules. After you're hired, we'll pay you to get professionally certified as a lifeguard!
Part-time coaches. Help young athletes build the sports skills they need to succeed in Willamalane programs and on-site at Springfield Public Schools.
Customer service superstars. Give patrons a great experience while answering questions, assisting with registration, and supporting events and rentals.
Maintenance specialists. Keep Willamalane running behind the scenes! You’ll use creative problem-solving to ensure our facilities are running smoothly and efficiently.
How to Apply
Applications are only accepted for current job openings. A separate application must be submitted for each position for which you apply. All positions require an online application. Applications received after the stated deadline will not be considered. Click the “Apply” link on a posting to begin your application. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the closing date.
Questions? Call our Talent Acquisition team at 541-736-4038.
Willamalane complies with all federal and state laws including the Oregon Veterans’ Preference in Public Employment Law and we encourage all veterans to apply. If you are a veteran and will be claiming veterans’ preference please attach your DD-214 or DD-215 with your online application prior to the deadline. You will need to claim veterans’ preference and submit this form for each position to which you apply.
ADA Compliance and Reasonable Accommodation
According to OAR 105-040-0001 Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action, Willamalane is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Willamalane will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact 541-736-4031.
Get more information about...
- Equal Opportunity Employer
- Salary and Benefits
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Employment Eligibility
- Family and Medical Leave Act
Equal Opportunity Employer
Willamalane is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status genetic information, physical or mental disabilities, veteran status, military status, receipt of public assistance, a juvenile record that has been expunged, or any other characteristic of activity that is protected by federal, state, or local law, or because of association with an individual belonging to any of the above protected classes. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training or disciplinary actions.
Salary and Benefits
Under normal circumstances, an employee will be appointed at the first step of the salary range as it appears on the job announcement. However, placement on the wage scale will be determined on an individual basis depending upon previous training and experience, not to exceed 20 percent above the minimum.
Willamalane adheres to the Oregon Pay Equity law. There are limited circumstances where different pay may be allowed. If the difference in pay is based on bona fide factors including one or more of the following: a seniority system, a merit system, a system that measures earnings by quantity or quality of production, including piece-rate work, workplace location, travel, education, training, or experience. There must be a consistent and verifiable system for this pay structure
- Access to district pools for lap swim or play swim programs at no cost (in some cases, this includes members of immediate households).
- Bob Keefer Center membership at no cost (in some cases, this includes members of immediate households).
- Active Willamalane staff pay 75 percent of the district-discount rate for eligible programs (when there is no waiting list) and may receive a 50 percent discount on tuition of certain child care programs.
- May be eligible for board-approved annual cost-of-living increase; merit increases.
- Employees in certain job categories are eligible for additional benefits. If eligible, additional benefits are indicated on the job announcement postings.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Willamalane is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within the workplace and community the district serves. The Willamalane Board of Directors approved a resolution adopting a DEI strategic plan that incorporates nine key goals, each with its own objectives and actions that aid with the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion practices.
- In accordance with the 1986 Immigration and Reform Act, proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required upon employment.
- Some positions have minimum age requirements based on occupational hazards.
- All applicants offered a position at the district are required to sign a criminal background check consent form.
- All Safety sensitive positions require successful completion of a pre-employment urine drug test. Failure of a drug test will disqualify a candidate for employment. Unless otherwise provided by law, a candidate who has failed a pre-employment drug test will be ineligible to submit another application for employment with the district for a period of six months.
Family and Medical Leave Act
Willamalane complies with the Family and Medical Leave Act. Download Family and Medical Leave Act information.