Make an absolute racket! Outdoor tennis and outdoor pickleball courts are available.
Emerald Valley Pickleball Club is generally the best resource for pickleball players in the local area. Please visit their website to learn more about the sport in our local area.
Pickleball is a sport easily accessible and adaptable for people who use a wheelchair. Rules for players in wheelchairs are now available on Emerald Valley Pickleball Club's website. If people in wheelchairs are interested in learning more about the sport and how they can play locally Roger Schaljo, Club President, is collecting information from interested community members. Visit evpbc.com/contact to connect.
Willamalane tennis lessons are available for players at every experience level. Students learn fundamentals, rules, positioning, and strategy. Skills and games are a part of tennis lessons. Pre-registration is required for all lessons. Willamalane currently offers Group and Private tennis lessons.
- 1 Student $28 ID/ $34 OD
- 2 Students $34 ID/ $41 OD
- 3 Students $40 ID/ $48 OD
- Please call about having 4+ student lessons
Group Tennis Lessons
We understand that not all group lessons align with everyone’s schedules. If you wish to attend six or fewer lessons per month, this is the most cost-effective. This option allows for flexible registration only on specifically selected days under the enrollment option listed. Up to six attendees will be at each lesson.
Spring/ Summer lessons are held outdoors at Willamalane Tennis Courts on G St.
- Wednesdays, Fridays, 10–11:30 a.m. Register here. Adults intermediate to advanced only, $6 ID/$7 OD per day.
- Mondays, 6-7 p.m. Register here. Youth 6-12 years old, all abilities, $5 ID/ $6 OD per day
- Wednesdays, 4:30-5:30 p.m. Register here. Youth 6-12 years old, all abilities, $5 ID/ $6 OD per day
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, 6-7 p.m. Register here. 12 years and older, all abilities, $5 ID/ $6 OD per day
- Tuesdays, Thursdays, 7-8:30 p.m. Register here. 12 years and older, all abilities, $7 ID/ $8 OD per day
- Saturdays, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. Register here. 12 years and older, all abilities, $7 ID/ $8 OD per day
- Saturdays, 12-1:30 p.m. Register here. This class will be based on playing competitions each day! There will be singles and doubles. 12 years and older, all abilities $7 ID/ $8 OD per day
Summer Tennis Clinics with Bob Reed
In this clinic, we will go over different tennis skills each week. These clinics will be run by Bob Reed and his Willamalane Tennis staff. This clinic is open to players of all ages and levels and is held at Willamalane Tennis Courts on G St. $8 ID/$10 OD per clinic.
- Monday, June 21, 7-8:30 p.m.: Forehand, Backhand, Topspin, and Serving. Register here
- Wednesday, July 21, 7-8:30 p.m.: Volleys, Underspin, and Serving. Register here
- Monday, Aug. 2, 7-8:30 p.m.: Approach, Movement, Lobs, Overheads. Register here
- Wednesday, Aug. 18: Singles and Doubles Competition. Register here
Meet the Instructors
Bob Reed has been a tennis player, teacher, coach, and administrator for more than 50 years. A former ranked tournament player, Bob led his high school to the Washington State Tennis Title and then went on to be a player and coach at Evergreen State College. Bob has started public tennis programs from Anchorage, Alaska, to Springfield, Oregon. Also, he has coached high school/college tennis for over thirty years. A member of the United States Professional Tennis Association, Bob worked as a tester to help certify players working to earn tennis teacher accreditation. Bob has coached some of the top juniors from the Pacific Northwest at national team events. Since 1990, Bob has worked in Lane County to develop and implement community tennis events in Springfield, Eugene, Junction City, Creswell, and Cottage Grove. Bob also works full-time as a special education teacher at North Eugene High School.
Setsuko Reed has been playing tennis for 30 years and has been teaching tennis for 13 years. She started playing tennis when she lived in Japan and has continued to play since she moved to the United States fifteen years ago. She won some local competitions in Japan and then played USTA league tennis at the 4.0 level. She has been an assistant coach for the Springfield high school tennis team for the past thirteen years. She earned the United States Professional Tennis Association P3 certificate in 2013 and has been teaching the Willamalane morning tennis classes for the past nine years.
Christopher Kamkar has been playing tennis for 10 years and has been a volunteer coach for 7. He started playing the sport in high school and fell in love with it as well as the Willamalane program. He played in smaller tournaments abroad in the U.S. Army to include South Korea and Germany. Christopher prides himself on technical knowledge, athleticism, intensity, and teamwork.
Are indoor courts open?
Yes. Indoor courts are open. All tennis lessons are held outside.Can I use outdoor courts at any time?
Yes. These are drop-in courts.
Can I drop-in for lessons?
No. Pre-registration for tennis lessons is required. Please see the registration links above.
Will the equipment be provided?
Willamalane will provide the courts and balls for lessons. You will need to bring a racket. If you need to use a Willamalane racket, please let us know ahead of time by calling 541-736-4516.