Fresh air and beautiful scenery can lift a mood like nothing else. The Obsidian Hiking Club is leading four special hikes that will introduce you to local gems. They're treading carefully in this group outing, taking safety precautions every step of the way.
Willamalane Hiking Trip Participant Requirements
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Bring all your own supplies, including a face covering that covers your mouth and nose, hand sanitizer, food, and water. Do not share food with other members who are not in your household. Willamalane Staff will carry a first aid kit.
- Practice physical distancing measures by remaining at least six feet apart from those not of your household at all times. When it is not possible to maintain a 6-foot distance, use a face covering.
- Offer a wide berth when passing, and if approaching from behind, say a friendly “hello, passing on your left.”
- Cover your cough with a tissue, then throw away (put in baggie or pocket) or cough in your elbow.
- Leave no trace: pack out everything you bring with you.
- All participants are to manage their own transportation. Willamalane will not be coordinating carpooling. Drivers are not obligated nor should they feel pressured to take riders.
Aug. 30, 10 a.m.–12:30 p.m.: Shotgun Creek Hike
Sept. 16, 9 a.m.–12 p.m.: Thurston Hills Mossy Maple Trail
Sept. 27, 10 a.m.–1 p.m. Weyerhaeuser Haul Road Hike
Hazelnuts & History: Ages 18+. Stroll through the historic orchards of Dorris Ranch. Learn the history behind the ranch and the men, women, and children that have made this land their home over hundreds of years. We'll enjoy a picnic lunch in this historic setting. Picnic included.
Tuesday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
$29 ID/$35 OD