Local Park Agencies Encourage Vigilance When Visiting Trailheads and Parks this SummerMore people visiting popular recreation sites during the summer months can lead to an increase in vehicle break-ins at trailheads, parks, and natural areas throughout the region.
Three local park agencies are working together to remind community members to be vigilant when parking their vehicles at trailheads, parks, and natural areas.
- Lock your vehicle and take any valuables with you if possible.
- Do not leave valuables or charging cables in plain sight. Charging cables can indicate that you keep valuable items in your car.
- Close all windows and the sunroof.
Reporting resources for community members:
- If you have Willamalane park maintenance or safety concerns call 541-736-4104.
- If you have safety concerns about Lane County parks, call 541-682-2000.
- If you witness any illegal activity or a car break in please call the local police department.