Willamalane Trips Offer Adventure & New Experiences
by Tinker Flom
A defining feature of Oregon life is the search for adventure and new experiences. Willamalane trips offer that and much more. Whether your interests lie in history, culture, recreation, education, or the environment, you will find much to explore and many fascinating people to meet while traveling with Willamalane.
Research shows that travel and outdoor recreation have a great many benefits for yourself and the world around you.
- For the mind: Prevents and reduces stress, improves confidence and self-esteem, and generates a sense of meaning in life.
- For the body: Lowers risk for heart disease, high blood pressure, and strokes; improves functioning of the immune system.
- For the social life: Promotes healthy relationships, creates stronger ties to loved ones, increases pride in community and nation, and improves understanding of others.
- For the environment: Raises environmental awareness and concern, and increases involvement in environmental issues.
- For the economy: Increases productivity at work, provides job opportunities for others, preserves natural areas needed for outdoor recreation, and increases property values.
"Each season brings new Oregon traveling opportunities without our having to plan and drive. From kayaking at Willamette Falls, birding in the Klamath Basin, hiking to beautiful waterfalls, coastal salmon and crab festivals, and discovering restaurants in small towns, we have been able to enjoy our diverse state in ways we would not on our own.” — Don and Linda Miller
“I love to travel with Willamalane because it is easy, social, and fun. Most of the trips are places that I would not think about doing on my own. I don’t have to worry about driving or parking. Many of the trips include special access tours. The trips are preplanned and scheduled so all I have to do is clear my calendar for the day and show up. No procrastinating to ‘someday.’ I am learning more about my community and my state and broadening my experiences.” — Dona Cole
"We’re a car-free household; the trips planned by Willamalane allow us to explore without putting another low-occupancy vehicle on the road." — Jeff and Tracy Bishop
“I have recently moved to Springfield. I picked up a copy of the Willamalane Recreation Guide to see what activities were available. I signed up for many of the day trips. Travelling with Willamalane has given me the chance to meet new and interesting people, while at the same time allowing me the opportunity to learn more about the geography, culture, and history of my new home.” — Carole HansenThe reasons we travel are as varied as our trips. Where do you want to travel? Check out our current offerings on our trips page. If you want to suggest a trip destination, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.