Statewide freeze update
Currently, all existing Willamalane Park and Recreation District programs must be modified, limited in capacity, and are subject to availability or closures. All new rentals are on hold during the statewide freeze.
Make your reservation
Willamalane Park and Recreation District maintains and operates sports venues, event spaces, and facilities in Springfield, Oregon. Les Schwab Sports Park is one of the most popular sports venues in the area, offering four lighted artificial turf fields. The district also offers nine other sports fields, two pool facilities, indoor venue and meeting spaces, park rentals, and other event or meeting spaces.
Submit a Rental Request
Due to COVID-19 reopening guidance, many modifications are required for events, sports, and other rentals. The form below will help walk through current restrictions and capacity limits. Willamalane will review the requests to ensure the proper modifications will be made, but it will be the renter’s responsibility to follow through with current guidelines for gatherings, sporting events, and venues.
Some other guidelines include:
- Rentals are limited to organizers and participants that reside in Oregon.
- We will no longer rent to groups of 10 or more for social functions in any of our indoor spaces, this applies to events such as birthday parties, bachelorette parties, baby showers, or weddings.
- Spectators are not allowed during indoor athletic practices or games. Patrons not actively engaged in athletics or coaching on our courts will be asked to exit the facility. We also strongly recommend and encourage renters to eliminate spectators from outdoor athletic practices and games.
- Sports fields rentals are limited to 100 people per field, regardless of the type of event. This includes spectators, staff, and athletes.
- All renters holding a one-time event or rental of 50 people or more will be required to pay additional staffing fees based on the number of attendees anticipated throughout the event or rental. These rentals will also be required to secure their own portable toilers for use by their group.
- Find Phase Two Gathering Guidlines here.
- Use this matrix to understand what guidelines may apply to your event or rental.
- View Willamalane Rental Terms and Conditions here.
Please be aware that all rentals and other offerings by Willamalane Park and Recreation District will be modified, limited in capacity, and are subject to availability or closures. We reserve the right to cancel any reservations if patrons do not abide by applicable health and safety requirements.
Our focus remains the safety of our community and includes the well-being and health of our patrons and staff. You will receive follow up communication regarding your rental request through email.
Why do I have to follow the guidelines?
At Willamalane Park and Recreation District we must do everything in our power to follow the guidelines provided by the state and local public agencies. We need your help in staying open and safely providing these facilities and services.
I saw someone not following the guidelines. What should I do?
Please report this incident by calling 541-736-4275 or visiting willamalane.org/Safety. The appropriate people will investigate. Please include any and all information about the incident you witnessed.
Are spectators allowed for sports?
Effective Monday, October 19, 2020 we will not allow spectators during indoor athletic practices or games. Patrons not actively engaged in athletics or coaching on our courts will be asked to exit the facility.
How are you keeping rentals safe?
Every rental group provides Willamalane with a COVID-19 mitigation plan that will be approved by our team prior to the rental being booked. The health and safety of our community is our top priority and we will continue to be selective with our rental approvals.