Willamalane has been working hard behind the scenes to reopen with safety as our top concern. We’re implementing new sanitation and physical distancing measures throughout our buildings and in our programs so we can welcome you back to a safe, fun environment.
Things might look and feel a little different, but rest assured that we are still your community partner and can’t wait to see you again. With that, we are tailoring our facilities and programs to ensure that we’re keeping you as safe as possible. We’ll be updating this page often to keep you informed about everything we’re doing to provide the safest parks and recreation possible.
How we’re keeping our community safe
...in summer camps
- Smaller, stable groups of campers.
- Increased sanitation practices and safety protocols.
- Low- or no-contact check-in process.
- Daily contact and attendance logs for campers and staff.
- Screenings for symptoms of illness, including daily health checks.
- Expanded fitness center area, to spread out equipment.
- Pre-registration to maintain capacity limits.
- Full sanitation of the fitness center, between patrons who sign up.
- No shared equipment in group exercise classes.
- Taped outlines for class participants to space out.
- Protective face coverings for all staff in public areas (patrons are not required to wear face coverings, but it is encouraged)
- Protective barriers at all front desks.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces.
- Revised maximum capacity limits.
- One-way traffic flow to help maintain physical distancing.
- All park playgrounds and athletic courts like basketball, and bocce ball courts will remain closed, in alignment with current statewide guidelines.
- Signage to encourage physical distancing.
How we’re keeping our staff safe
Safety protocol training
All employees will attend a comprehensive safety protocol training to understand current safety guidelines and updated procedures.
Protective face coverings
We are providing face coverings to all staff members to wear in public areas and when they are unable to maintain physical distancing.
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
All locations are following enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols that includes cleaning commonly used areas and wiping down equipment and high touch surfaces more frequently.
We’re installing protective barriers at all front desks to protect both patrons and staff.
In March, the Willamalane board approved a COVID-19 leave program for employees. Each employee received a two-week average of their regular hours that could be used to offset absences related to COVID-19. In April, employees received additional relief through access to federal programs, including Families First Coronavirus Response paid emergency leave.
Adjusted work sites and schedules
To maintain physical distancing and limit the number of employees in our facilities, employees whose position allows will continue to work remotely. This will require supervisor approval. Those who work at a Willamalane facility and share office spaces will be offered staggered shifts or days shared to ensure a six-foot minimum distance between workspaces. Willamalane will also work to add barriers between spaces when possible.
Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
Willamalane created new plans and policies to help guide protective actions against COVID-19 which will address infection prevention and response measures to ensure the safety of our staff.
Question or comment? We can help!
Please fill out this form and we will be in touch soon.