Effective Friday, August 13 everyone will be required to wear a face covering when entering a Willamalane facility. This applies to all Willamalane patrons, staff, and community members. This is due to a newly announced state requirement for masks to be worn at all public indoor facilities. We are awaiting official guidelines from the Oregon Health Authority to determine exceptions and other details.
We recognize that this update is welcome news to some, and disappointing to others. From the beginning of the pandemic, we’ve followed the guidance of the state, county, and public health and regulatory agencies, and will continue to do so. Even if you disagree with this requirement, we ask that you treat our employees and other patrons with respect. We’re all in this together and we appreciate your support.
Willamalane’s early childhood programs and summer camps will continue following additional guidelines from the early learning division:
- Willamalane will continue the current mask policies for indoor youth programs. This will include all Willamalane preschools and summer camps.
- Willamalane employees will still require check-ins and check-outs for children at all Willamalane camps and preschool programs.
- Willamalane will notify Lane County Public Health of any confirmed COVID-19 case among children or staff.
- We will exclude any child, staff, or other individual with a COVID-19 diagnosis for at least 10 days (and no symptoms) and/or until we have received written notification from a medical professional which clears the individual to return on or after a date specified by the medical professional. We will of course seek additional case-by-case guidance from the local public health office.
- We will exclude any child, staff, or other individual with a presumptive COVID-19 diagnosis or COVID-19 symptoms until the individual has a negative test, shows no symptoms and we have written notification from a medical professional which clears the individual to return on or after a date specified by the medical professional.
- We will give as much notice as possible by text or other preferred communication (like parent email) should we be required to reinstate some of the past COVID-19 ECC protocols. Additionally, we will respond appropriately, following local public health and State guidance, to any exposure to, a presumptive or confirmed case of COVID-19 within the child care program. Notifications of closure or quarantine shall be sent as soon as possible if not immediately.