Willamalane has been working hard behind the scenes to run our programs, facilities, and pools with safety as our top concern. Although many of our programs and facilities are closed, we are still offering limited programs and services. With these, we have strict sanitation and physical distancing measures.
Things might look and feel a little different, but rest assured that we are still your community partner and can’t wait to connect with you in-person and online. We’ll be updating this page often to keep you informed about everything we’re doing to provide the safest parks and recreation possible.
How we’re keeping our community safe
...in youth programs
- Smaller, stable groups of students.
- Increased sanitation practices and safety protocols.
- Low- or no-contact check-in process.
- Daily contact and attendance logs for children and staff.
- Screenings for symptoms of illness, including daily health checks.
- Masks available for kids ages 5+ who need them.
- Group exercise classes have gone online. With the Fitness at Home program, patrons can enjoy several of our classes from the comfort of their own residence.
- Facilities are closed to the general public, though limited programs and services are still running.
- Patrons ages 5+ are required to wear face coverings in public spaces.
- Protective barriers at all front desks.
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces.
- Revised maximum capacity limits.
- One-way traffic flow to help maintain physical distancing.
- Additional signage to encourage physical distancing and mask usage.
How we’re keeping our staff safe
Safety protocol training
All employees have attended a comprehensive safety protocol training to understand current safety guidelines and updated procedures.
Protective face coverings
We are providing face coverings to all staff members to wear.
Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
All locations are following enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols that include cleaning commonly used areas and wiping down equipment and high-touch surfaces more frequently.
We have installed protective barriers at all front desks to protect both patrons and staff.
In March, the Willamalane board approved a COVID-19 leave program for employees. Each employee received a two-week average of their regular hours that could be used to offset absences related to COVID-19. In April, employees received additional relief through access to federal programs, including Families First Coronavirus Response paid emergency leave.
Adjusted work sites and schedules
To maintain physical distancing and limit the number of employees in our facilities, employees whose position allows will work remotely. Those who must work at a Willamalane facility and share office spaces will be offered staggered shifts or days shared to ensure a six-foot minimum distance between workspaces. Willamalane has also added barriers between spaces when possible.
Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan
Willamalane created new plans and policies to help guide protective actions against COVID-19 which will address infection prevention and response measures to ensure the safety of our staff.
Question or comment? We can help!
Please fill out this form and we will be in touch soon.