Get involved in your park and recreation district by attending a public meeting! These meetings are an opportunity to make your voice heard. If you require any accommodations to attend a public meeting, please fill out this form.
Budget Committee Meeting
The Willamalane Budget Committee will meet to review the proposed budget for fiscal year 2023. The meeting will be held in-person at Bob Keefer Center, 250 S. 32nd Street, and virtually on Microsoft Teams.
Wednesday, May 18, 5:30 p.m.
Join virtually by clicking here.
Board of Directors Monthly Meetings
The Willamalane Board of Directors meets monthly to guide district operations. Members of the public are invited to attend meetings and speak for three minutes during the public comment section at the beginning of each meeting. Meetings are typically in-person at the Bob Keefer Center, 250 S. 32nd Street, and virtually on Microsoft Teams. Any change in venue or format will be noted next to the meeting date.
Join virtually by clicking here.
View past board meeting information here.
Upcoming meeting dates and agendas:
Board Packets will be posted below the Friday prior to each meeting.
- Wednesday, June 8, 6 p.m.
- Public comment occurs near the beginning of each Board of Directors meeting. If you would like to submit a comment to the Board, there are two ways to do so.
- You can join a board meeting in-person. If that is your preference, please make sure you fill out our public comment form and either email it as instructed on the form or bring it to the meeting where you will be speaking.
- You can join virtually. If that is your preference you can raise your digital hand by clicking the hand icon on the top bar of the Microsoft Teams menu.
- In-person attendees will speak first, then virtual speakers will be called on in the order in which hands were raised.
- When you are called on, please do the following:
- In-person attendees, please step up to our podium.
- Virtual attendees, please unmute your microphone by clicking the microphone icon on the top bar of your Microsoft Teams menu. You do not need to turn on your camera, that is completely optional.
- State your name and where you live. For public record, we will ask whether you live inside or outside of Willamalane's district boundaries. If you are unsure, you can state the city in which you live. Anyone living inside or outside of the district has an equal opportunity to share a comment with the Board.
- You have a maximum of three minutes for comment. When you reach your three minutes, our moderator will ask for in-person speakers to end their comment, or will mute the microphones of virtual attendees. This is to ensure that everyone has the same opportunity to engage the board.
- The Board of Directors will listen to all comments, but they will not directly engage with you during your speaking time except to ask follow-up questions.
- After all public comments have been made, members of the board have the option to make a statement in response to any comments made.
If you are unable to attend a board meeting or prefer to not speak in person, you may submit a written public comment to the Board of Directors via email or U.S. mail. Written correspondence must be must by the Monday before a board meeting to ensure that it can reviewed and become a part of the public record.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: The Bob Keefer Center for Sports and Recreation, 250 S. 32nd St. Springfield, OR 97478-6302 (attention: Community Engagement Director)