Executive Director's Office
- District vision
- Legislative affairs
- Organizational structure
The operations analyst role encompasses:
- High-level administrative support to the executive director, management team, and the board of directors
- Liaison between the executive director's office and the public
- Project management
Planning, Parks, and Facilities
The Planning, Parks & Facilities Division encompasses:
- Natural resource stewardship and maintenance of 46 parks and natural areas totaling nearly 1,500 acres, with 10 waterfront areas, 29 miles of hiking and biking trails, 4 synthetic sports fields and 27 playgrounds.
- Care and maintenance of five recreation facilities: Two pools, two community centers, and a mini golf park.
- Planning and development work with district residents and regional agencies to meet the park and natural area needs of our community.
Eric Adams became the parks, planning, and facilities director in 2018. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science from Northern Arizona University and a master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning from Minnesota State University. He has had more than 20 years of experience in land use planning and urban development prior to joining the Willamalane team in 2017. Eric’s passions include cycling, running, and enjoying the natural beauty of Oregon with his family.
Recreation Services Division
The Recreation Services Division encompasses:
- Aquatics programming at Splash! at Lively Park and Willamalane Park Swim Center, including swim lessons and water fitness classes.
- Special Events, including annual flagship events such as MEGGA Hunt, Children's Celebration, and Haunted Hayride.
- Youth Programming, including preschools, school-age care, and activities for kids.
- Adult programming, such as arts, language, fitness classes, trips, and senior services.
- Customer service and volunteer services.
Jase Newton became the recreation services director in 2020. He holds a Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Oregon, and 12 years of professional experience in Parks and Recreation. Jase previously worked as a Facilities Director and Superintendent in Washington and Oregon and began his career at Willamalane while attending college. He enjoys partaking in fishing, hiking, and all other outdoor activities with his family during his free time.
The Finance Division encompasses:
- Cash management/Investing
- Annual budget and audit
- Financial and Accounting transactions
The Human Resources Division encompasses:
- Human resources, including recruitment, hiring, and benefits administration. All available positions are posted on the website.
- Employee relations, wellness, and employee engagement.
- Risk management, including occupational and program safety instruction and mitigation of safety issues.
- The Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion department.
Melissa Taxara became the human resources director in 2021. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in Human Resource Management from California State University, Chico. She has over nine years of experience working in Human Resources in both the private and public sectors. Melissa’s passions include playing volleyball, hiking, plants, and gardening, and exploring new places with her family.
The Community Engagement Department encompasses:
- Marketing and communications.
- Public affairs.
- Resource development.
- The 1PASS program.
- Internal communication.
The Information Services Department encompasses:
- Cybersecurity and physical security.
- Disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Network system design and management.
- Asset and budget management.
- Hardware and software system service, support, management, and training.