It wouldn’t be summer without free outdoor concerts and movies! Sounds Like Summer is back for the 2020 season. While it will look a little different this year, we'll still bring the fun, memorable events your family will look forward to week after week.
This year, Sounds like Summer will host eight events: four movies, four concerts, and no plays. To maintain capacity limits, we will require advance registration. All events are still free!
Family seating and registration
Families will need to register as a group in advance. Seating for concerts and movies will be lined out into separate pods for each family group. Each pod is a 6-by-12-foot area that can accommodate four people. If your family is larger than four, you will need to reserve two pods. To reserve two pods, please select two time slots and we will seat your group at the same time. These pods will be spaced to ensure proper physical distancing between groups. There will be 55 pods per show.
Please arrive at your scheduled arrival time, as we are staggering the arrival of our guests to help keep everyone safe.Help us keep these events safe
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Practice good hygiene, including washing hands frequently and using hand sanitizer when hand washing is not available.
- Stay six-feet apart from other groups and staff. Physical distancing monitors will be available and are required for any gatherings.
- Bring your picnic basket, blankets, and low-profile chairs.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- One-way traffic flows will be marked and outlined for attendees to find their spots.
- Trash service will not be available; please pack out any used items or trash.
- Children are welcome to play on playgrounds at the park, but please remind them to maintain distance from other families. Willamalane staff will not be monitoring or sanitizing playgrounds during Sounds Like Summer events.
- Bathrooms will be available and we will have an attendant present to ensure they are getting disinfected regularly.
- Concessions will not be provided at movies. Please bring your own items to enjoy. Guests are not allowed to bring in their own alcohol.
- Concessions at concerts will be available. Please be aware that concession service will not begin until 6:30 pm when we have everyone seated in their pods. You may purchase beer, wine, and cider for $4 each. Water will be available for $1 each and soda or Powerade for $2 each. Box dinners will be available for purchase from concessions for $7.50 at concerts. Text your pod # and items to 541-501-2476.
Parents, not sure about a movie? Check out resources like commonsensemedia.org to research movies for your family.
Events are full.
Right now all our movies and concerts in the park are sold out. To sign up for a waitlist, please call us at 541-736-4544.
If you need to cancel, please call us at 541-736-4544 so we can offer your pod to someone else. Thank you!
Check out the recording of The KOZ's show here:
See the Perry Gerber Band show here:
See Code Red here:
Willamalane Park, 1276 G St.
PG-13. 2 hours, 3 minutes. Guide for Parents
In Jumanji: The Next Level, the gang is back, but the game has changed. As they return to rescue one of their own, the players will have to brave parts unknown from arid deserts to snowy mountains, to escape the world’s most dangerous game.
The 2020 Season is presented by:
and sponsored by:
While our goal to provide an awesome summer event experience hasn’t changed, we are implementing new measures to keep everyone as safe as possible. Here are some questions we expect you to have, but if you have more, please let us know at our Contact Us page or call us at 541-736-4544.
Do I have to register ahead of time, or can I just drop-in?
Advance registration is required. Drop-ins will not be available.
Why do I need to register ahead of time?
This allows us to keep a maximum capacity of 250 people per event, including staff, performers, vendors, and attendees.
What if I am unable to attend after registering? Can I cancel?
Please cancel if you cannot attend. This will allow folks on the waitlist a chance to participate.
What changes did you make to the events?
All events are still free and fun! Changes include fewer movies and concerts and no plays, and advance registration for designated pods.
Do I have to wear a mask?
Masks are not required while outdoors and six feet of physical distancing can be maintained. But, we strongly encourage you to wear a face covering when not eating or drinking. All Willamalane employees are required to wear a face covering.
Will you accept cash?
No. We are only accepting cashless transactions for concessions and food at concerts.
What will we do with our trash and recycling?
We will be doing a one-time pick up of all trash and recycling at the events. Anything that is not collected at this time will need to be packed out. No garbage or recycling containers available.
How early can we arrive?
You can choose your arrival time when you reserve your tickets. You will need to arrive at your designated arrival time as well, and we will be checking guests in with staggered arrival and exits. If you arrive early, you will be welcome to enjoy the park while following physical distancing, but you will not be able to enter your pod until your designated arrival time.