5K YOUR WAY
A Virtual 5K with Willamalane
April 22–May 1
Virtual Race Details
Run, walk, or roll a 5K your way! You choose the time, the scenery, and the surface. From April 22–May 1, run a 5K — you can get up early and run the dirt and mulch paths at Dorris Ranch,* go out on your lunch break and jog or walk the sidewalks in your neighborhood, or get on your treadmill as the sun is setting and crank out 3.1 miles while you watch Frozen 2. You don't have to be local to participate — challenge your friends and family wherever they might be. Registration is only $5, and all proceeds will benefit Senior Meals, Cafe 60 located at Willamalane Adult Activity Center and their efforts to provide drive-through meals to seniors.
*Remember if you run outside — please follow social distancing guidelines! You can find them at willamalane.org/parks.
Getting Signed Up
- Sign up for the virtual 5K Your Way on our registration site here.
- Look for an email from Willamalane for your fillable bib. You get to pick your number on your bib (up to 4 digits)! Open it in Acrobat, click in the middle, type your number, and print. Cut it out, pin it on, and you're ready to go.
- Walk or run your 3.1 miles any time you want between the dates of April 22–May 1.
- Email your results to email@example.com and we will send you your finisher certificate.
- Connect with us and the community before, during, and after your race. Use the hashtag #5kyourway on your social media account while training for this run, participating in this run, and when you complete this run! We would love to see your pictures of where you are running whether that’s in your home, our parks and trails, or around your neighborhood.
Tracking Your Distance
There are many apps that can help you track your distance. Here are a few of our favorite free apps:
- Nike Run Club
- Map My Run by Under Armour
- Running Distance Tracker Pro
- Runkeeper- GPS Running Tracker
5K Routes on Willamalane Paths
Middle Fork Path starting at Dorris Ranch
Middle Fork Path starting at Clearwater Park
Middle Fork Path starting at Jasper Road Trailhead
Mill Race Path starting at Booth-Kelly Trailhead
Mill Race Path starting at Jasper Road Trailhead
5K Your Way is presented by Lithia Toyota of Springfield and sponsored by Classic Hits KKNX and Classic Country KEED.