A Virtual 5K with Willamalane benefitting McKenzie River Trust
Virtual Race Details
Support the McKenzie River while staying active! Registration is only $5, and all proceeds will go toward McKenzie River Trust's efforts to care for our area's lands and rivers. McKenzie River Trust stepped up to restore and rebuild watershed areas after the Holiday Farm Fire swept the McKenzie River Valley. As efforts continue, they need continued support from community members and local partners to protect 6,719 acres of vulnerable lands and waters
You choose the time, the scenery, and the surface. Run outside on the trails with the pre-mapped routes below, go out on your lunch break and jog or walk the sidewalks in your neighborhood, or get on your treadmill as the sun is setting and crank out your race from home. You don't have to be local to participate — challenge your friends and family wherever they might be.
Remember if you run outside — please follow current health guidelines!
- Sign up for the virtual 5K Your Way on our registration site.
- Look for an email from Willamalane for your fillable bib. You get to pick your number on your bib (up to 4 digits)! Open it in Acrobat, click in the middle, type your number, and print. Cut it out, pin it on, and you're ready to go.
- Walk or run your race any time you want between the dates of May 7-17.
- Email your results to email@example.com and we will send you your finisher certificate.
- Connect with us and the community before, during, and after your race. Use the hashtag #5kyourway on your social media account while training for this run, participating in this run, and when you complete this run! We would love to see your pictures of where you are running whether that’s in your home, our parks and trails, or around your neighborhood.
About McKenzie River Trust
The McKenzie River Trust helps people protect and care for the lands and rivers they cherish in Western Oregon. The 5K Your Way is benefitting the McKenzie River Trust because their dedication to environmental stewardship aligns with Willamalane's. If you would like to give them extra support, there is an option for an additional donation in the signup form.
McKenzie River Trust's mission:
- Protecting special lands. The McKenzie River Trust acquires property interests in land with clear public benefits to ensure that those values will be available to people for many generations.
- Restoring natural systems. The Trust works to enhance and reestablish the native vegetation, water cycles and other functional ecosystem elements appropriate to the places we protect.
- Connecting people to places they care about. The Trust provides site tours, education events, demonstration and research sites, and information about the projects it manages to encourage public support for conservation efforts throughout the region.
Living River Exploration Day at Green Island with McKenzie River Trust
Middle Fork Path starting at Dorris Ranch
Middle Fork Path starting at Clearwater Park
Middle Fork Path starting at Jasper Road Trailhead
Mill Race Path starting at Booth-Kelly Trailhead
Mill Race Path starting at Jasper Road Trailhead
Tracking Your Distance
There are many apps that can help you track your distance. Here are a few of our favorite free apps:
- Nike Run Club
- Map My Run by Under Armour
- Running Distance Tracker Pro
- Runkeeper- GPS Running Tracker