Gardening Resources & Opportunities with Willamalane
The G.R.O.W. (Gardening Resources & Opportunities with Willamalane) Project is back and better than ever. To help you grow fresh produce in your yard while learning the basics of gardening, your pals at Willamalane have developed The G.R.O.W. Project. These kits are hand-built by volunteers from SELCO Community Credit Union and Willamalane employees and come complete with soil and seeds — just add water!
- A raised garden bed constructed out of cedar from our friends at Urban Lumber Co. They weatherproof and built to last, and they’re deep enough to accommodate most produce.
- All the screws and hardware needed to assemble your kit. However, tools required for assembly are not included.
- Instructions and gardening resources.
- Garden-ready, pre-fertilized soil from our friends at Rexius.
- Seeds from our friends at Johnson Brothers Garden Market, giving you everything you need to start growing your own veggies!
How can you order your G.R.O.W. kit?
Order your G.R.O.W. kit using the links above and we’ll arrange for a curbside pick-up at Lively Park. You can purchase up to three kits at one time. Kits come ready for assembly, but if you’d like some help assembling your kit, we’ve got you covered! If you request for your kit to be assembled, please consider making a donation to our G.R.O.W. scholarship fund.
Want to donate to the G.R.O.W. scholarship fund?
If you like what we’re doing and would like to help Springfield families who could use a kit, please consider making a donation to our G.R.O.W. scholarship fund. At the end of your registration process, you’ll see an option to donate to the fund with your checkout.
In 2020, donations from the G.R.O.W. the community allowed us to work with Every Child Lane County and donate six boxes to families in need. We would love to make a similar donation again this year!
In this playlist, Master Gardener Dan shares the basics of how to get your garden started.
Many thanks to our incredible sponsors: